Items we have sold (Contact Us for availability):
- Dimension 3100 and 3000 Atomic Force Microscopy Systems
- Nanoscope IIIa Control Station
- MultiMode AFM.
- Small Sample Contact AFM for use with any NanoScope Controller
- A, D, E, and J standard scanners
- E and J vertical engage scanners
- Small Sample STM Heads for use with any NanoScope Controller
- A, C, and D size scanners.
- OMV-Fine (Special Video Microscope) system specifically configured for use with the top view AFM (Multimode or small sample Contact Mode AFM)
- STM Converters
How to identify NanoScope Equipment.
The Major Components of a NanoScope Scanning Probe Microscope are:
- Control Station, consisting of a workstation and controller
- Workstation: PC with command and graphivs monitor(s) and software for realtime microscope operation and offline data analysis. Includes interface to the controller
- Controller: Analog and digital electronics that drive the microscope.
- Optional: Additional electronics box (such as the “Phase Box” or Electronics Extender) for advanced scanning modes such as Phase and Surface Potential Imaging.
- Microscope: The AFM (Atomic Force Microscope) or STM (Scanning Tunneling Microscope)
All Microscopes include a base, scanner, and sensor. In different models, these basic items are found in different physical components. See the table below:
|Small sample AFMs (contact mode and MultiMode)||Contains stepper motor and electronics. Supports scanner.||Contains piezo element. Supports and scans the sample.||“Optical head” includes laser, photodiode, tip holder, XY translation stage (some models)|
|Small sample STM||Contains stepper motor and electronics.||Contains piezo elements and electronics. Holds and scans the probe.||Included in scanner.|
|Dimension AFM||Supports scanner and sample stage. Contains stepper motors and electronics. Dimension 3000 is supplied with external lamp, power supply and vacuum for sample stage. In Dimension 3100 AFM, those items are integrated in the Dimension 3100 controller.||Contains piezo element and optical sensor. Holds and scans the probe.||Included in scanner.|
|BioScope AFM||A special adapter plate supports the scanner. A separate box contains electronics to operate the scanner.||Same as Dimension scanner||Included in scanner.|
A complete system = Control Station + Microscope
A control station = Workstation + Controller
A Microscope = Base + Scanner + Sensor (Sensor may be included in the scanner)